for old time sake
I received sms from Dna, my classmate when I was in Krmat. We used to be very closed but something happen along the way, and I stopped making effort to stay in touch. I have been avoiding her and the distance helped me a lot. This whole thing happened when I was studying in Boulder, about 7 years ago. It all started when I was back in KL for a short stint in December 1997. I had to come back to arrange my late father's funeral. It was never easy for me, and worst when she did "that" to me.
Dna is very active in her “MLM” and she enrolled us (my husband and I) under her as our wedding present. Until today, we still remain as her "only" passive down line (methinks). She is very persistent (that's her nature) and keeps sms'ing me for coffee. Finally, for old time sake, I said yes to her invite yesterday. She fetched me and we had coffee at Starbucks in AAngle. I hope I don’t waste my one-hour time listening to her MLM plan.
I was wrong! She wanted to make it up - our long lost friendship.
How do I gain the trust back, when she had broken it? I’ve moved on without her. I had forgiven her 6 years ago and decided not to get too close. Yes, at times I miss her but the cut was too deep! I don’t want to go through the same thing again. Should I allow her to be part of my life again? I have to make that call. We all make mistakes and people change. Like it or not, I missed our friendship. And I chose to renew it!
We spend time talking about our kids, catching up and update each other with other stuff. Dna is a devoted mother and married to Saipol almost 8 years ago. They have been blessed with two (2) beautiful children, Shafi (7 years old) and Sarah (about 5 years old?).
She then sms'ed me... "TQ :-) for being you!"
Forgiveness is the willingness to begin...
Dna is very active in her “MLM” and she enrolled us (my husband and I) under her as our wedding present. Until today, we still remain as her "only" passive down line (methinks). She is very persistent (that's her nature) and keeps sms'ing me for coffee. Finally, for old time sake, I said yes to her invite yesterday. She fetched me and we had coffee at Starbucks in AAngle. I hope I don’t waste my one-hour time listening to her MLM plan.
I was wrong! She wanted to make it up - our long lost friendship.
How do I gain the trust back, when she had broken it? I’ve moved on without her. I had forgiven her 6 years ago and decided not to get too close. Yes, at times I miss her but the cut was too deep! I don’t want to go through the same thing again. Should I allow her to be part of my life again? I have to make that call. We all make mistakes and people change. Like it or not, I missed our friendship. And I chose to renew it!
We spend time talking about our kids, catching up and update each other with other stuff. Dna is a devoted mother and married to Saipol almost 8 years ago. They have been blessed with two (2) beautiful children, Shafi (7 years old) and Sarah (about 5 years old?).
She then sms'ed me... "TQ :-) for being you!"
Forgiveness is the willingness to begin...
<< Home