Tuesday, February 22, 2005

there are still people with heart

The Sunday Mail is not my ritual reading on Sunday. I went to Cold-Storage KLCC before ushering and grabbed my "usual" dailies plus the Sunday Mail. News on the front page immediately caught my attention - "Stranger with a heart". I was in tears while reading it. I share the same sentiment if I were in Khairil Noin's shoes when a stranger offers to help.

Khairul Noin, 18 may never walk again after being thrown off his motorbike in a hit-and-run accident. He needs Rm12,000 to enable him to undergo the corrective spinal surgery. That was, until a Seremban-based entrepreneur walked into their lives and offered a miracle.

It so happened that the B.I. Group of Companies Chairman Datuk Suresh Shannon was undergoing treatment in the same ward of Seremban Hospital when he heard Khairul cries in a nearby bed, and his mother. Hearing Khairul's desperate sobs was heart-breaking for Shannon. He [Shannon] could not stop thinking about Khairuls' cries, later decided to help this boy at all costs.

I am deeply touched by Datuk Suresh Shannon's gestures.

I then wipe my tears.