my obsession and me
I always insist to be fit, well and in perfect health. To be slim is a bonus to me. Yes, I am an "ego-driven nutcase" when it comes to health and fitness. What is clear is that I had spent extraordinary part of the past dozen years devoting myself to exercise. My minimum amount of exercise during that period (excluding pregnancies) has been 6-7 hours a week, which works out to two solid years.
While pregnant with Erja, I would do 45 minutes on treadmill every day, a pushing schedule which I couldn't let slip. I was determined to stay fit until full-term i.e. 40 weeks. Alhamdullilah, the baby [Erja] is, well, not destroying my body in fact altering it beyond recognition.
I got no pressure from others [including the loved ones] to go back to my original size. Basically, I can stay chubby [and fat] if I want. But the most horrifying thing was, the pressure came from me! Dang!!! I was lucky I met Debbra Lee, the only instructor in Malaysia who is certified through the Royal Society of Arts (RSA) from the UK, with specialty certification in pregnancy and post-natal fitness at TTFC.
I immediately enrolled myself for Fit-for-2 programme (www.maclandtan.com/fitfor2/index.php) which happen to be my 30th birthday present from dear husband. The 10-hour programme is meant for both mummy and baby. I spent my Saturday morning building and gaining back my cardio strength with Erja who was about four-month at that point in time. Debbie thought me the right technique to regain my pre-pregnancy shape through fun exercises that I can enjoy with Erja. It is basically, tone up my muscles with the right techniques, alignment and breathing, and regain my pre-pregnancy shape. It took her about twelve-months to go back to her normal shape, but it took only ten-months for me. I'm thankful and this is something that I'm very proud of.
Body-balance was my next enthusiasm, and its gentle stretching suited me better in the post-Erja period. Then came a fondness for the more vigorous Body-pump, which is an excellent workout which also builds [and tone] my muscles.
I have been pushing myself physically for almost entire period and have no intention to put pressure on others. Now, I have a lot of mothers who secretly e-mailed for tips and even asked me [out loud] in the lift.
Seriously, I don't even know why do I need to push myself this far.
<< Home