Wednesday, June 08, 2005

al-fatihah

Fauzi sms’ed me around midnight informing that DZ’s [Dzalina] mother passed away at 9:39 p.m. last night. I couldn’t go back to sleep after that.

I went to DZ’s house around 8:30 this morning. Bumped into her at the neighbour’s house and she looked [very] calm. DZ wanted to talk and we sat down for about 10 minutes. Deep inside her, I know she redha and pasrah with all the ujian and dugaan from Allah swt. She had given the best to her mom till her last moment.

DZ’s advice to me,
[Jamie] jaga your mother dengan seikhlas hati. Nothing is more satisfying than taking care of your parents. Do it [Jamie]. You’ve been through what I went through, and now it’s my mom.

I hugged her and never a word from me.

DZ’s mother whom I called Auntie was a very strong woman. She suffered from cancer for God knows how long and she was a real fighter.

Semoga roh Auntie dicucuri rahmat dan ditempatkan bersama-sama orang yang beriman.
Al-Fatihah.