Tuesday, May 24, 2005

kimi did it again

Kimi Raikkonen won the 2005 Monaco Grand Prix in dominant form never once losing the lead in the 78-lap race after starting from pole position.

Yippie....

It's the Finn's fourth Formula One victory and his first in Monaco. Kimi has moved to second in the Drivers' World Championship with 27 points. And I’m very confident he will beat and outperform Alonso for pole position in the future race. Now, West McLaren Mercedes have moved to second in the Constructors' Championship with 51 points.

What a great race!!! Yes, I'm very happy.

From McLaren Mercedes Press Conference, Kimi Raikkonen said...
"This is great. To win is always fantastic, but Monaco is a special challenge. We have been strong throughout the weekend and I was able to pretty much control the race. I was able to push and open up a considerable gap, and when the time was right I simply came into the pits, refuel and still rejoin the race in the lead. After that I could take it a bit easier and look after the car and the Michelin tyres. Once again thank you to the entire team and everybody at Michelin. We have worked hard, and I think we have the best package out there at the moment. Our World Championship battle has gained momentum today. We will take one race at a time and continue to do our best."