Friday, May 27, 2005

american idol, anyone?

I must admit that I was very frustrated when host Ryan Seacrest revealed the result before world audiences at the final show held at Kodak Theater in Hollywood last night. It was country-singer Carrie Underwood.

How can Carrie Underwood crowned as the winner of American Idol 4? I want Bo Bice, please. Can someone hear me??? No doubt, Carrie and Bo are good. I like them both, but American already has plenty of talented country singers. I have 2 great singers in mind - Shania Twain and Leanne Rimes. I personally think, Bo is a different kind of rock-star singer and we don't get that kind of quality everyday.

Then again, I can see why Carrie got the most vote la. She is a 22 year -old country chicks who has the girl-next-door looks with warm smile. And of course she is a typical female-blondie la. *Grin*. But Bo on the other hand is 29 year-old rocker with a long-haired who looked as if he is already a superstar. Kononnya, with that kind of appearance, Bo is not a good role model. Hello America, what role models are we taking about?

Oh well, enough on the American Idol addiction, I am now eagerly waiting for Akademi Fantasia (AF) 3 and Malaysian Idol 2. As usual for AF, I will try not to miss any of the Diari, Concert and Imbasan but never spend a penny on the vote pun.