baton from MzMin
And now it's my turn after she decided to pass the baton to me. Thanks to her. This is something I would love to participate and I hope these batons will carry on. So here it goes...
How many books do I own?
Never keep track of them. About 100 plus, methinks.
The last book I bought?
- The Zahir by Paulo Coelho
- Personality Plus by Florence Littauer
- Pantun dan Gurindam Untuk Majlis Perkahwinan dan Majlis Rasmi by Prof. Abdullah Hassan, Aripin Said dan Ainon Mohd.
The last book I read?
Riding the Bus with My Sister by Rachel Simon.
It's about Beth, a spirited woman with mental retardation who spends nearly everyday riding the busses in her Pennsylvania city. A heartwarming, life-affirming journey through both the present and the past. I now can appreciate and have better respect for people with mental retardation, and the families who love and cherish them.
Five books that mean a lot to me?
Hmmm… in no particular order,
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
It tells the true story about the relationship built between an old professor and one of his former students. Morrie, the old professor, is dying from an incurable illness. He lives his life looking through a window from a chair in his study, which is also the setting of nearly the entire story. It taught me so much about how to live, and to always live life to the fullest. Morrie is blessed with the ability to give great advice, and that is his greatest gift to Mitch. I learned right along with Mitch from Morrie's advice while reading the story; I learned to give back to life what you take from it, and to be there for others. Mitch had always been too afraid to express his feelings about things like love, marriage, and death, and Morrie taught him that it's ok to express those feelings. In fact, it's crucial. This is an incredibly heart warming book that, in the end, teaches anyone who reads it, an important lesson on life. - 11 Minutes by Paulo Coelho
It is a very realistic view of a real life and true love, and how people life can change every minute. I found this novel to be disturbing, entertaining, intriguing and startling. It is a story that most women can relate to on some level I think, although at times I found the character to be a bit cliche'. Paulo wrote the character and story very insightfully. I have never read any book twice but this one, I have read 3 times. Such an amazing and touching story. - It’s about the bike: My journey back to life by Lance Armstrong and Sally Jenkis
This novel has taught me that the little pain I go through during a race or practice is nothing compared to the suffering that Lance Armstrong went through during his battle with cancer. Lance Armstrong’s heroic story now serves as inspiration to me whenever I depressed. For Lance to get back on the bike after going through his battle with cancer is a wonderful story in itself, but for him to keep on winning the Tour de France every year is an even more incredible accomplishment. Lance Armstrong is a tremendous inspiration for anyone, let alone sportsmen. This book is sheer account of courage and determination; and a strong will to overcome any obstacle. Hats off to Lance. - Perjalanan Rabbani by Prof. Madya Dr Musa Bin Fathullah Harun
I bought the book from The Reader. My mom is seriously reading it. It gives us the understanding of the purpose of our life and guides us to live this life and to return to Allah swt. - Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding
It is obvious that you will find Bridget close to you in this book, especially if you are single, well educated but still alone. I enjoyed reading it and this book is just for the ones who like watching Ally McBeal.
Five more people to tag
- Lin
- Stellar
- The Torqxic
- Frankensteina
- MarinaDelRey
- Additional - and those folks who wish to carry on the baton -
So, there you have it...
<< Home