israk mikraj
I have not been updating my blog and I perhaps these "standard" answers could justify my "missing-in-action" from the bloggarama.
- Boss has been giving me tonnes of works (as if),
- I was on business trips,
- I (yes, me alone) was pretty much occupied with Erja's activities, and
- I am in the midst of reinventing and reconciling my life!
I'm convinced that all the answers aforementioned justified my absence. Then again, today, I'm obliged to post this particular write on Israk Mikraj. My "Merdeka 2005 Edition" can wait and published later. I have a lot to say about the meaning of merdeka.
I remember back in 1989, when I was in boarding school, I particularly enjoyed all the ceramah agama (especially on Israk Mikraj) which was "forced" on us. My mates were amazed that I can be obedient. My late father had that "magical" touch to approach me and glued me till he finished talking. He never failed to share his ilmu after every lesson thought by his guru. Sometimes, I pretend and seldom pay attention. My concentration were only on certain few. I vaguely remember the details on Israk Mikraj. This is rather brief and what I can recall from him...
Israk Mikraj is celebrated by Muslims on the 27th of rejab (the 7th month of the Islamic Calender) and commemorated the night of Muhammad's ascent to heaven. On this day, special lectures or sermons are held at mosques, as well as readings from the Qur'an, especially from Surah Al-Isra' the chapther on the Night Journey. Muhammad rode to heaven on a winged horse known as a buraq. It flew from Mecca to Jerusalem, then carried Muhammad through the seven levels of heaven where he met some earlier prophets of Islam, and brought him home before the night was over. After this momentous night, this five daily prayers were established.
Only "that" much I can remember. Then again, there are a lot of reads available on the net. It's time for me to dig and digest.
<< Home