there’s a reason they call it labor.
Recovering from labor is the closest thing most women come to recuperating from a heavyweight fight. Chances are you were pushing hours on end, you didn’t sleep a bit, and you feel like you’ve been run over by a truck.
If you had a vaginal delivery, and an episiotomy or tearing to boot, you are going to be sore and in serious pain. (I’m just exaggerating; it is not as bad la).
If you had a C-section, you’ve had major abdominal surgery and you’re going to be in more serious pain. (See, didn’t I tell you earlier?).
This is very easy to forget. Just because people have them all the time doesn’t change this fact. Since it bears repeating, again, you’ve had major abdominal surgery. Don’t try to do everything – in fact, don’t try to do anything. Just sleep, feed the baby, and get waited on hand and foot. Sooner than you would like, everybody will leave and it will be just you and baby, fending for yourselves.
From The Fourth Trimester, and You Thought Labor Was Hard…
To Amy, you have all my prayers…
p/s - Yes, I know... it's late but I can't sleep.
If you had a vaginal delivery, and an episiotomy or tearing to boot, you are going to be sore and in serious pain. (I’m just exaggerating; it is not as bad la).
If you had a C-section, you’ve had major abdominal surgery and you’re going to be in more serious pain. (See, didn’t I tell you earlier?).
This is very easy to forget. Just because people have them all the time doesn’t change this fact. Since it bears repeating, again, you’ve had major abdominal surgery. Don’t try to do everything – in fact, don’t try to do anything. Just sleep, feed the baby, and get waited on hand and foot. Sooner than you would like, everybody will leave and it will be just you and baby, fending for yourselves.
From The Fourth Trimester, and You Thought Labor Was Hard…
To Amy, you have all my prayers…
p/s - Yes, I know... it's late but I can't sleep.
<< Home