what do you call it?
I was tagged by dear darling, Mzmin. To commemorate my 32nd year in this planet earth tomorrow, this is quite a good reflection. Initially, I had trouble remembering events that happened in my life 20 years ago. I'm impressed with myself. My mental retrieval capability is still OK. So, here's another glance into The Jamie's life which is pretty boring.
20 Years Ago, 1985 (age 12)
20 Years Ago, 1985 (age 12)
- Taman Keramat.
- Was in the same school with Nasha Aziz (yes, that famous model and actress).
- Actively involved in all sports activities. Represent school up to district level in netball and handball.
- Was my dad shopping buddy.
10 Years Ago, 1995 (age 22)
- Boulder, Colorado.
- Exposed to go-karting.
- Make tonnes of new friends who invited me to all kinds of typical Americans' holidays.
- Travelled across USA during summer holidays.
- Learnt to shovel snow with pick-up truck.
- Was in a relationship with Sophomore students from Baltimore. Just a touch and go thing. But, he is such a hottie!
- Met my best friend, Wari who is in London now completing his PhD. He thought me how to appreciate budu! I love it.
- Owned my first car - Volkswagen Scirroco. It was a secondhand but extremely reliable. Thanks to my mom.
- Was a shopper freak - went to almost all factory outlets in Boulder and Denver.
- Had great experience and real exposure of life.
- Most importantly, I learnt to be independent and resilient.
5 Years Ago, 2000 (age 27)
- Kuala Lumpur.
- Already 2 years in the company.
- After 2-years of efforts and "rejection", I finally open my heart to welcome him. What can I say, I was busy sorting out my life and work. Honestly, I had too many things on my plate and responsibility to shoulder.
I had to say NO to most of the guys during the first two-years. Not that I dislike men. But, relationship was not my priority at that point in time. I must clear this perception. I remember when this guy, whom I met in Connecticut told me that I must open my heart and allow someone to love me. Are you kidding me! - Fellow softball gengs asked me to join the club again.
- Was sent to Cape Town to do an integration audit for the company. This was my first business trip and rather memorable so to speak. I meet my ex in the plane after 5 years being apart. Coincidentally, we were heading to the same destination.
- Stepped my foot in Los Angeles again. The company sent me to Austin, Texas to manage some crisis.
- Went to visit Wari in London for 2 weeks. Had a good time with Wari and Keng travelled across UK. Visited Paris and I shall remember the moment forever. It was the sweetest time of my life.
- Enrolled myself to a gym and become a gym freak. Entered a 2-hour Aerobic Marathon organised by Sweat Clubs. I was awarded the Most Energetic participant.
3 Years Ago, 2002 (age 28)
- Got married
- Found out that I was pregnant, a week before he left for a short assignment in Abu Dhabi. Had a very long discussion about it. We decided that it would be better if I stay in KL instead.
- Spent Eid Mubarak in Abu Dhabi.
- Work, more work and more work.
- Workout, more workout and more workout till full term.
- Went through pregnancy alone without him was tough at times, especially the emotional part. But I survived.
- It was 5 years ago when I had to say goodbye to my dad. He passed away in Boulder, a day after he arrived. Now you know why I'm so independent and resilient?
Last Year, 2004 (age 31)
- Discovered reality of life.
- Mak went for her second Haj with my mother in-law. Did a lot of preparation for them.
- Was persuaded to enter another 2-hour Aerobic Marathon session. Won 3rd place.
- My daughter Erja was 1 year old. Throw her 1st birthday bash party.
- Workout, more workout, more workout. Successfully reached my "anak dara" figure when Erja was 10-months old.
- He didn't know what to give me for my birthday present. How thoughtful...
- Major shift in my career development. Take up a challenge to venture into Gas Business.
- Travel to India... India... India...
- Started blogging to channel out my negative energy.
This Year, 2005 (age 32)
- Kuala Lumpur.
- Erja is 2 years old; she is the source of my energy and my pillar of strength. She is my everything period.
- Workout, more workout, more workout. I have just a little bit to go. Otherwise, I am happy with the way I look now. There is hope for everybody.
- Completed my 7th year borne with the oil & gas company. I'm a freeman now.
- Started 7.three.masterpieces with Usz.
- Going through a roller-coaster of life which thought me to be more ruthless and selfish.
- Learnt to be hard on his fellow female colleagues. Found out that one of them (who is also married with a daughter) just doesn't know the limits and boundries. Or shall I say, terkurang ajar.
- He will forget my birthday. Nothing unusual la kan.
- Spend most of the weekends with Erja.
- Plan to climb Mont Kinabalu with my buddy, Wanie in December.
Next Year, 2006 (age 33)
- Kuala Lumpur.
- Still working in the same company.
- Send Erja to a play school and enrol her to Aunty Dida's dance class.
- Workout, more workout, more workout.
- Sit for instructors certification.
- Take up photography class.
- Refurbish the house.
- Go-karting with Erja.
- Plan a trip to New Zealand with Erja. Or maybe Australia to meet her Aunty Azie. Or maybe London to meet her Uncle Wari.
- Kimi Raikkonen still drive for McLaren and be the World Champion.
- Concentrate on my dad's properties.
10 Years from Now, 2015 (age 42)
- Kuala Lumpur.
- Erja will turn 12. Maybe busy deciding good boarding school for her.
- Only Erja, no others
- Hopefully Erja and I could meet Mika Hakkinen, Erja Hakkinen and Hugo Hakkinen in person.
- Grow old beautifully, healthy and fit. Still participate in the 2-hour Aerobic Marathon.
- I am Erja's best friend.
- Write a book.
- Owned a montessori with The Jamie's own brand.
- Still writing my blog.
- Erja will start her own blog too.
- Make enough to donate regularly to orphanage.
- Already a "hajah"
- Hopefully, my mom will still be around. InsyaAllah...
There you have it. I wish DG still maintain his blog. Otherwise, he will be tagged!
<< Home