chennai prodigy
I read the news board at the office. At the HR Corner there is a write-up that captured my attention. While I was busy reading, El-Presidente approached me.
He said: "Jamie, I'll get a copy for you."
I said: "Thanks."
Erja, I miss you so much and you know I think of you every second without fail. This is for you...
***
The longer I live, the more I realise the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do.
It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company, a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
Develop an attitude like Jessie Owens. After winning the Gold Medal in Olympics he said;
"To those of you who laughed at me, thank you. Without you I wouldn't have cried. To those of you who just couldn't love me, thank you. Without you I wouldn't have known real love. To those of you who hurt my feelings, thank you. Without you I wouldn't have felt them. To those of you who left me lonely, thank you. Without you I wouldn't have discovered myself. But it is to those of you who thought I couldn't do it; It is you I thank the most. Because without you I wouldn't have tried."
He said: "Jamie, I'll get a copy for you."
I said: "Thanks."
Erja, I miss you so much and you know I think of you every second without fail. This is for you...
***
The longer I live, the more I realise the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do.
It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company, a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
Develop an attitude like Jessie Owens. After winning the Gold Medal in Olympics he said;
"To those of you who laughed at me, thank you. Without you I wouldn't have cried. To those of you who just couldn't love me, thank you. Without you I wouldn't have known real love. To those of you who hurt my feelings, thank you. Without you I wouldn't have felt them. To those of you who left me lonely, thank you. Without you I wouldn't have discovered myself. But it is to those of you who thought I couldn't do it; It is you I thank the most. Because without you I wouldn't have tried."
<< Home