dare to bare
How many of us have the confidence to step out of the house without a hint of make-up? I normally use make-up. Eyebrow pencil, blusher, foundation are de rigueur. Make-up is a tool for feeling good about myself, which in turn boosts self-confidence.
I do go grocery shopping at Carrefour all barefaced and flushed from gym. I have no problem with that. Regular women are under pressure to look good at all times and this pressure comes from the advertising and fashion industries, which ‘create’ women that look too perfect. For KL men the pressure is probably limited to not developing a beer belly!
Make-up is a total waste of time. In the mornings I’m up, gulp a glass of juice down after a shower and am out the door. Make-up would just slow down my life. I don’t use foundation and the like, but I simply love lip-gloss. The shinier and yummier the better. No doubt I have no qualms walking out of the house without a trace of make-up on.
Certainly there is pressure for women to look good, but not all the time. I think it’s necessary for women to have some make-up on, it only to protect their skin (most make-up products contain SPF). Also, working women look good with it, especially if they’ve had a restless night. You may be down in the dumps, but no one else needs to know that!
Hahaha... that is my take after Erja dropped my MAC compact on Sunday. I guess, I'm OK to bare then...
I do go grocery shopping at Carrefour all barefaced and flushed from gym. I have no problem with that. Regular women are under pressure to look good at all times and this pressure comes from the advertising and fashion industries, which ‘create’ women that look too perfect. For KL men the pressure is probably limited to not developing a beer belly!
Make-up is a total waste of time. In the mornings I’m up, gulp a glass of juice down after a shower and am out the door. Make-up would just slow down my life. I don’t use foundation and the like, but I simply love lip-gloss. The shinier and yummier the better. No doubt I have no qualms walking out of the house without a trace of make-up on.
Certainly there is pressure for women to look good, but not all the time. I think it’s necessary for women to have some make-up on, it only to protect their skin (most make-up products contain SPF). Also, working women look good with it, especially if they’ve had a restless night. You may be down in the dumps, but no one else needs to know that!
Hahaha... that is my take after Erja dropped my MAC compact on Sunday. I guess, I'm OK to bare then...
<< Home