Monday, July 04, 2005

jamie's thought on love

One thing has become quite clear: All acquaintances are passing. Therefore I want to make the most of every contact. I want to quickly get close to the people I meet because my experience has shown we won't be together long.

People in cars passing by my car, people walking past me on the street, someone leaving a shop as I enter, Zizie coming through the door from work, Wanie getting his mail as I get mine, and with each one of these little brushing-against, these encounters big and small, I leave something behind. If I can feel what I pick up form them, certainly on some level they can feel my state also. When, then, is the trail behind me composed of? Does not this "gift to the world" by its very enormity, outweigh all others?

How much do I really love people? If I had been cut off from people for twenty or thirty years, totally cut off, I would love to hear the yelling upstairs, the screaming of the children, the loud music. I love people when I love then for being people, and not for being young or old or beautiful or hip. I wish I would love what humanity has built just because humanity has built it: streets, power lines, buildings, cars.

Love unites the part with the whole. Love unites me with the world and with myself. My life work could well be love. Love is the universe complete. Detachment is the universe divided. Detachment divides me from myself and from others. Love is the vision that can see all as one and one as all. Love shows me where all minds and essence unite.

How do I get love? I have it. I must drop my definitions of love. Love is not saying nice things to people or smiling or doing good deeds only...

Love is love. Don't strive for love, be it. All my life I have made it complicated, but it is so simple. I love when I love. And when I love, I am my self.